Admission to the Institute begins after the declaration of the HSLC/HSSLC results. The Directorate of Technical Education take the necessary steps in notifying the date of Diploma Entrance Exam(DEE), Result and Admission in Local Papers.
HSLC passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in Math & Science and also passed in both Math & Science separately.
1. Selection of candidates is done purely on the merit basis of the result of Directorate Entrance Examination(DEE).
- * The Entrance Examination will consist of one paper of 100 questions and 100 marks, and the question shall be of multiple choice question(MCQ) type.
- *. All technical streams shall have a common question paper with marks distribution in the ratio of: 35:35:15:15 (Math : Science : English : G.K)
- *. Subjects for the Entrance Examination are: Mathematics, Science, English and General knowledge, within Class-X syllabus. G.K. shall also cover current national and international events.
2. Eligibility for Selection: Only those Candidates who have scored a minimum 35% in Diploma Entrance Examination shall be eligible for selection.
3. Selection of Candidates to a Diploma program is done as per the candidates position in the merit list and availability of seat in the Diploma Program(s) of His/Her stated preference(s).
4. Naga Indigenous Inhabitants of the State shall be accorded first preference for selection. Inhabitant of the State, Children of non-Naga State Govt.employees, Central Govt./Agency employees serving in the State as per merit in DEE.
1. 15% reservation shall be made for Backward Tribes on the basis of One Tribe one seat as per merit in the Diploma Entrance Exam.
2. 10% reservation shall be made for the women Candidates.3. 3% special reservation shall be made for differently abled candidates with valid documents.